Steps to a Successful DI Season
More Resources are located on the TM Resource page of your MyCALDI dashboard
This List is intended as a guide. You may approach things in a different order or skip things. What ever works for you and your Team.
Remember to have FUN along the way.
Start Meeting With Your Team.
Due To Covid-19 Please Observe Local CDC Health Guidelines!
Choose a Challenge
Make a Plan
Have the kids write the plan down so they learn how to do this important skill. Hang the plan in a place the Team can see it. Add sticky notes and notations as the plan gets more detailed. Keep all the ideas incase they want to revisit and idea at a later time.
Remember that whatever the kids come up with is Fine. Its their solution and they will learn more and have more FUN If they have a chance to fail and learn. Let the Kids OWN their solution.
Get Ready for the Tournament
Prepare your Team & Parents for Tournament Day
- Elevator Pitch – Practice what to tell the Appraisers about your solution.
- Failure Proof your Team– Talk to them about all the things that could go wrong and have them come up with a plan
- Tournament Information Form to give to Parents and Fans
- Tournaments and the Meaning of Success to a Team
- Picking up & Understanding Team Score
- 3 Team Tips to Stand Out
- Tournament Info Sheet for Parents