W2D California Destination Imagination© 2019 All rights reserved
How to start a Team in California
FORM A TEAM
We can help you recruit Team Members.
- Teams are comprised of 2-7 members. The members can be from the same school, different schools or home-schooled. Members can all be in the same grade or different grades.Host an Information Session at your school. We are here to help!
- We are happy to help you recruit more members contact us HERE.
- Read about this years team challenges HERE.
Recruit Team Manager(s)
- Find one or more adults willing to guide the Team.
- In our State, Team Managers are usually Parents, but they don’t have to be. Grand Parents, Teachers, Aunts, Uncles or neighbors can become Team Managers too! DI-Team-Manager-Recruitment-Flyer
- A Team Manager must be 18 years or older, and he/she facilitates the team meetings.
- The best way to make sure that your child participates on a Destination Imagination team is to agree to be a Team Manager.
- We typically ALWAYS have more students wanting to participate than we have parents volunteering to be Team Managers.
BUY A TEAM NUMBER
All Destination Imagination teams must obtain a team number to participate in the program. A team number also gives you access to DI University (online training) and access the DI challenge clarification system
Purchase Team number 3 Ways
- Online:Purchase your Team Number online HERE.
- Mail: Fill in the 2018-19-start-a-team-form and Mail with payment to the address on the form. Use this method for purchases being paid by purchase orders.
- Call Destination Imagination at 1.888.321.1503 / Mon-Fri 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM (PDT)
- Download our step by step guide Directions to Purchasing a Team number.
- The organization name is your school, district or town and your affiliate is California, find your Region HERE
- During this step you will be paying $190 per Team (the National + CADI Affiliate fees).
- Please provide your correct email address and telephone number in this step, so that we can contact you!
Congratulations you are on your way to a GREAT DI Season!
You MUST have a Team Manager MyCALDI Account and pay Region fees in order for your team to participate in the Regional Tournament.
Register your Team in California!
All Team Managers and Appraisers MUST also complete a background check. Read about the Policy HERE.
How to Register
- One day AFTER you have purchased your team number from Destination Imagination, register your team at MyCALDI.org, the new CA Registration System HERE.
- Register the day after you purchased the Team Number to allow for processing.
- Create an account. (You will need your Team Number and Order Number)
- Fill out your Background check ASAP (an email will be sent to you as a reminder)
- Enter the name and information of Team Manager(s) and Team Members.
- It is important that you provide your correct email address and telephone number for TMs, so that we can contact you!
- If have any questions or difficulties with registration contact our California Affiliate Director HERE.