Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
What do I put in the Membership name on the Media & Medical Release form?
It can be your school name, school district or you can just enter your team name
Do the team members have to complete the required forms themselves?
The team is required to complete the Tournament Data Forms themselves, although, elementary teams can dictate to an adult, or an adult can type their words. It is considered interference if Team Managers complete the Tournament Data Forms.
The Photo & Medical Release forms can be completed by the team manager/ parents.
What forms do we need to bring to the Tournament?
- 5 copies of the Tournament Data Form
- 2 copies of the Declaration of Independence
- 1 copy of the Media and Medical Release Forms for each team member and each team manager
- 1 copy of the Expense Report (and receipts)
- Team Sign (free-standing, team-created, about 2’x3′, includes: team name, number, level, and school)
- Any Private Clarifications your team received
What if all team members cannot attend the tournament?
- All team members are not required to attend the Tournament. If a team member cannot attend, it is up to the team (not the adults) to determine how they want to handle going to the Tournament without a team member. If a team member contributed to a challenge solution in any way, at any stage, he/she must be included on the team’s Declaration of Independence (but is not required to sign it).