Start A Team
Form A Team
- Teams are comprised of 2-7 members. The members can be from the same school, different schools or home-schooled. Members can all be in the same grade or different grades.
- If you are looking for memebers, join our Team Formation Google Group to access other interested members.
- Find one or more adults willing to guide the team.
- Team Managers are usually parents, but they don’t have to be. Grand parents, teachers, aunts and uncles work too!
- A Team Manager must be 18 years or older, and he/she facilitates the team meetings.
- The best way to make sure that your child participates on a Destination Imagination team is to take the initiative to be a Team Manager
Before you meet with the kids you need to get organized. Make sure you have the help you need before your first team meeting.
Hold a Parent Meeting:
Aug – Oct
All Destination Imagination teams must obtain a team number to participate in the program. A team number also gives you access to DI University (online training) and access to the DI challenge clarification system
- Purchase your Team Number HERE.
- The organization name is your school, district or town and your affiliate is California, Region is Best of The Bay.
- During this step you will be paying $195 per Team (the National + CAL DI Affiliate fees).
- It is important that you provide your correct email address and telephone number in this step, so that we can contact you!
You must have a team manager account at California DI in order to register and pay for your team to participate in the Best of The Bay regional tournament.
All team managers and appraisers MUST complete a background check. Read more
- Register your team into the CA Registration System – MyCALDI HERE.
- Register the day after you purchased the Team Number to allow for processing.
- Create an account. (You will need your Team Number and Order Number)
- Enter the name and information of Team Manager(s) and Team Members.
- It is important that you provide your correct email address and telephone number for TMs, so that we can contact you!
- If have any questions or difficulties with registration contact our California Affiliate Director HERE.
- Attend BoB TM Training – Highly Recommended! We offer the help you need!
- Other trainings – If you just can’t make it to the BoB training sessions there are some other options available.
- CA Team Manager Training Webinars-Awesome training incase you can’t make our hands on training. Listen to the recordings at your own pace.
- Workshops – The Best of the Bay region offers a variety of training for teams and team managers.
Download your Program Materials. Your membership number allows access to the challenge program materials which are available for download a HERE (under the “Resource” tab, once you’ve set up your account through the Login link). Download the team challenge materials and the team manager materials below .
Roadmap is a Team Manager resource developed to assist you in guiding your team members as they design and execute a challenge solution. Section three (Guiding Your Team) explains the roles you will fill as a Team Manager, gives examples of how to begin solving a Challenge, introduces project management, and provides example meeting agendas. Section three will also point you to other resources available in the roadmap.
- Rules of the Road
Rules of the Road is a document that contains all of the rules, procedures, and some of the forms required to participate in a team challenge at a tournament. Regardless of the challenge a team has selected, it is very important for the team members to review the Rules of the Road to learn the details of the challenge experience, to prepare for tournaments, and to make sure the team challenge solution complies with rules and procedures found in the Rules of the Road.
Sept – Dec
Start Team Meetings
Plan your first team meeting and get your team started on solving the Challenge!
- Teams usually meet once per week for 2-3 hours.
- Your team may need a space in which to store the materials they are using and the things (props, scenery, gadgets, costumes, etc.) that they make.
- Prepare to have FUN!
Monthly from Sep – Feb
Register for Tournament
All Teams must register to be able to participate in the Regional Tournament
- Pay the regional tournament fee of $40 early bird price HERE by TBD.
- The fee will increase to $60 on TBD.
- Allow enough time for your appraiser to reply and complete a background check (1 -2 weeks) to meet the deadline
Late Registration fees : $60
Prepare & Practice
- Team will need to prepare for the solution and the tournament.
- Keep reading the Rules of The Road.
- Practice. Practice. Practice
To be sure that our emails don’t end up in your junk folder, add our email address to your contact list.
Thoroughly read emails from your region and state directors, and contact us if you have any questions.
You’ll receive timely reminders and information to help get you through the year. Look for the newsletters.
Region’s Website: For event information and helpful tips.
Coffee Talks: Get timely help and tips from experienced team managers!
CALDI Facebook & BoB Facebook pages: News and Inspiration to help in your journey.
Best of The Bay Regional Tournament - Feb/Mar 2021. Attend virtually and celebrate your team's hardwork and creativity!! Open for all