3 Easy Steps!
Just follow these steps!
Form Your Team
- Teams are comprised of 2-7 members. The members can be from the same school, different schools or home-schooled. Members can all be in the same grade or different grades.Host an Information Session at your school. We are here to help!
- We are happy to help you recruit more members contact us HERE or sign up HERE.
- Read about this years team challenges HERE.
Recruit Team Manager(s)
- Find one or more adults willing to guide the Team.
- In our State, Team Managers are usually Parents, but they don’t have to be. Grand Parents, Teachers, Aunts, Uncles or neighbors can become Team Managers too! DI-Team-Manager-Recruitment-Flyer
- A Team Manager must be 18 years or older, and he/she facilitates the team meetings.
- The best way to make sure that your child participates on a Destination Imagination team is to agree to be a Team Manager.
- We typically ALWAYS have more students wanting to participate than we have parents volunteering to be Team Managers.
Purchase a Team Number
All Destination Imagination teams must obtain a team number to participate in the program. A team number also gives you access to DI University (online training) and access the DI challenge clarification system
3 Ways to Purchase a Team number
- Online: Purchase your Team Number online HERE.
- Mail: Fill in the 2018-19-start-a-team-form and Mail with payment to the address on the form. Use this method for purchases being paid by purchase orders.
- Call Destination Imagination at 1.888.321.1503 / Mon-Fri 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM (PDT)
- Download our step by step guide Directions to Purchasing a Team number.
- The organization name is your school, district or town and your affiliate is California, find your Region HERE
- During this step you will be paying $190 per Team (the National + CADI Affiliate fees).
- Please provide your correct email address and telephone number in this step, so that we can contact you!
Register your Team in California!
You must have a Team Manager CALDI Account in order for your team to participate. All Team Managers and Appraisers MUST complete a background check. Read about the Policy HERE.
How to Register
- Register your team into the CA Registration System HERE.
- Register the day after you purchased the Team Number to allow for processing.
- Create an account. (You will need your Team Number and Order Number)
- Fill out your Background check ASAP (an email will be sent to you as a reminder)
- Enter the name and information of Team Manager(s) and Team Members.
- It is important that you provide your correct email address and telephone number for TMs, so that we can contact you!
- If have any questions or difficulties with registration contact our California Affiliate Director HERE.