How to start a DI Team in California
Start A Team 2021-22
FORM A TEAM
We can help you recruit Team Members.
- Teams are comprised of 2-7 members. The members can be from the same school, different schools or home-schooled. Members can all be in the same grade or different grades.Host an Information Session at your school. We are here to help!
- We are happy to help you recruit more members contact us HERE.
- Read about this years team challenges HERE.
Recruit Team Manager(s)
- Find one or more adults willing to guide the Team.
- In our State, Team Managers are usually Parents, but they don’t have to be. Grand Parents, Teachers, Aunts, Uncles or neighbors can become Team Managers too! DI-Team-Manager-Recruitment-Flyer
- A Team Manager must be 18 years or older, and he/she facilitates the team meetings.
- The best way to make sure that your child participates on a Destination Imagination team is to agree to be a Team Manager.
- We typically ALWAYS have more students wanting to participate than we have parents volunteering to be Team Managers.
BUY A TEAM
TEAM MANAGER BACKGROUND CHECK
All Destination Imagination teams must purchase a team number and background check to participate in the program and access materials, training and DI challenge clarification system.
Purchase Team number
- Online:Purchase your Team Number online HERE.
- Call Destination Imagination if you have any problems. 1.888.321.1503 Mon-Fri 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM (PDT)
- Are Required for all Team Managers.
- You MUST have a Sterling Background Check to become a Team Manager.
- You can purchase a new background check at the DI store when you buy your team number or thru CALDI on the MyCALDI.org website.
- If you have a current Background check thru Sterling Volunteers or a valid CALDI background check, you may share it with DI. Directions can be found HERE.
- The organization name is your school, district or town and your affiliate is California, find your Region HERE
- During this step you will be paying $110 per Team (the National fee).
- Please provide your correct email address and telephone number in this step, so that we can contact you!
Congratulations you are on your way to a GREAT DI Season!
REGISTER YOUR TEAM
To participate in California Events and trainings you also need to register your team at MyCALDI.org NOT on the Registeryourteam.org system!
Deadline to register for
is Dec. 1st for $250 (Affiliate Fee & Regional Fee) until Jan 15th for $350.
How to Register
- One day AFTER you have purchased your team number from Destination Imagination, register your team at MyCALDI.org, the CA Registration System HERE.
- Register the day after you purchased the Team Number to allow for processing.
- Create an account. (You will need your Team Number and Order Number)
- Enter the name and information of Team Manager(s) and Team Members.
- It is important that you provide your correct email address and telephone number for TMs, so that we can contact you!
- To participate in a Regional Tournament you will need to pay the All in One fee of $250 (included Affiliate and Regions Fees). If you pay after Dec. 1st and before Jan. 16th, you will be charged and an additional late fee of $100. You will also meet you Region’s Appraiser and Volunteer requirements.
- If have any questions or difficulties with registration contact our California Affiliate Director HERE.