April 1, 2017
McClellan Convention Center
5411 Luce Ave McClellan, CA 95652
The Closing Ceremony will be located in parking lot in front of the Conference Center. Seating at 6:30 pm, Ceremony starts at 7:00 pm
Vanished Performance Venues Moved!!!!!
Due to events beyond our control, the Building 243D cannot be used. We have had to change the locations of the 3 venues. All 3 venues will be in the Conference Center.
Your schedule DOES NOT CHANGE, ONLY THE LOCATION.
Do Not set your Props in the Hallways!!!
Only use Hallways for moving from one place to another. Please do not sit or congregate in the hallways. Due to having to move Vanished Performance Sites to the Conference Center, it will be a bit tight in the Center. We will have officials in the hallways to keep people moving. Please cooperate and enjoy watching teams perform.
Please stay at one of the hotels we have arranged for you. There are areas near the conference center that are basically unsafe. These hotels were chosen for their safe locations.
- Lion’s Gate Hotel and Conference Center, 3410 Westover, McClellan (Site of the Tournament)
For reservations go to http://tinyurl.com/z2one5y or call 877-539-7070 and use group code “IMAGINATION2017.”
- Crown Plaza Northeast, 5321 Date Ave., Sacramento
For reservations call (877) 504-0054 and identify yourself as being with Destination Imagination 2017 State Tournament
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Cal Expo, 2230 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento.
For reservations goto www.sacramentoauburnblvd.hamptoninn.com use Group Code: “DIS”
- Holiday Inn Express, Cal Expo, 2224, Auburn Blvd., Sacramento.
For reservations go to www.hiexpress.com/sacramentone and using GROUP CODE: “DIS”.
- Hilton Inn, Arden West, 2200 Harvard St., Sacramento, CA 95815
For reservations go to Hilton Event Reservations
- Double Tree – Sacramento, 2200 Harvard Street Sacramento, CA 95815
For reservations go to Double Tree Event Reservations
Bulletins and Guides
- State Tournament Program with Maps
- Travel Guide for teams with tips and information for teams and Team Managers
- Concessions Menu. Breakfast will be available in front of the Conference Center at 7:30 am
- Team Manager Update #1
We have had some last minute changes in the physical layout of the challenges and closing ceremonies which has delayed the publishing of the maps. We plan to post the maps on the website tomorrow evening and will also be emailing them to you.We apologize for the delay and are diligently working on these maps. When you look at the maps you will notice there are maps for each challenge showing the traffic flow and prop drops for your particular venue. We ask that you follow the traffic flow and prop drops indicated to avoid congestion in hallways. Hallways of for the movement of props.Please follow the instructions concerning parking lots to use. The parking lot North of Palm Street(North of conference center) cannot be used. A map show the available parking will posted. Parking is free.Due to Challenge Venues running as late as 5:00, Closing Ceremonies will Start at 7:00pm with doors opening at 6:30
- Team Manager Update #2
- Breakfast will be be available at 7:30 am in front of the Conference Center. Lunch will start at 10:00 am.
- The Instant Challenge Check and Holding is located across from the the IC on Arnold. It is about a 15 minute leisurely walk from the Conference Center. Note there are no restrooms available at IC check in. There are restrooms in the Hotel about a block away.
- WiFi is available in the coffee shop in the Conference Center but not in the Center itself
- Team manager check in is located in the lobby of the Conference Center. If you arrive close to your presentation time, proceed to the presentation area so you will not be late. After you presentation, be sure to check-in where you will receive a name badge and other materials.
- Closing Ceremonies with start at 7:00 pm, doors open at 6:30. The was an error in the program
- Be sure to Review the Rules of the Road page 21 and 22 concerning Safety. Dry Ice is ok.
- There is no prop storage at the Conference Center. Handling of props will be similar to your regional tournament.
Handouts and Forms
- State Tournament Welcome Letter 2017 with Appraiser & Official Information, and hotel information.
- Tournament Data Forms: Same forms that you used for the Regional Tournament
- Media Release Forms – To be filled out by all participants — Turn in at onsite registration
- State Tournament Team Manager’s Check List
Maps and Directions
- Map of McClellan Conference Center, Parking Lot, Instant Challenge & Vanished
- Map of McClellan Conference Center with Challenge Venues
- Challenge Specific Maps and Photos Showing Prop Drops (Note: Prop Drops are for Dropping of Props to go immediately to Prep Area)
- State Tournament Performance Schedule State Tournament Performance Schedule
Please understand that it took our scheduler nearly 20 hours to complete this schedule in her efforts to accommodate the over 100 conflict requests out of nearly 250 teams. With this in mind, there can be no changes made to the schedule. Some teams must go early and some teams must go late, but in my experience, if your team has a strong challenge, it does not make a difference when they perform. I have seen teams with all different start times advance to Global Finals.
Officials Schedules— Volunteers are asked to report to DI-Centeral 15 minutes before assignment.When we made the schedule, we
This is the shift assigned you (your team). If there is a problem, work it out with your team manager. We cannot change the shift.PLEASE NO SHARING OF THE VOLUNTEER SHIFT. ONE PERSON PER SHIFT.This is the shift assigned you (your team). If there is a problem, work it out with your team manager. We cannot change the shift.PLEASE NO SHARING OF THE VOLUNTEER SHIFT. ONE PERSON PER SHIFT.
- Made sure the volunteer did not work during the presentation time of the team they represent.
- We made accommodations if we were notified of a schedule conflict.
- All shifts are between 2 hours and 2 hours and 20 minutes.