The State Tournament was held March 31 at Alta Sierra Intermediate School and Buchanan High School,380 w. Teague, Clovis, CA 93619
Visit the 2013 State Finals web pages here.
The schedule is here.
California Destination ImagiNation congratulates all the students who participated in the San Jose state tournament. We think you are all winners!
To help in understanding how scores were scaled, please refer to Rules of the Road, pages 40-41.
Teams marked with a G are invited to Global Finals.
A: DIrect DIposit
C: You're Gonna Flip!
D: Do or DI
E: Breaking DI News
pO: Band Together
Team Managers should check-in at the Information Tent when they get to the campus. Hand in your Media Releases at the Information Tent. The Information Tent will be located near the clock tower at the center of campus, in the area marked “Merchandise” on the site map.
Closing Ceremonies are scheduled to start at 6:30 pm in the Big Gym. The Big Gym will be opened at 6:00 pm. Parents and supporters should sit in the bleachers. Please leave the lower two rows on the bleachers for teams. Teams should sit on the Gym floor or the lower two rows of bleachers.We hope to finish around 7:30.
Managers of teams invited to advance to Global Finals will meet with Dick Pinney following Closing Ceremonies in the Dance Studio, which is west of the Big Gym, on the south side of the Small Gym.
Lunch will be sold from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on the south side of Bicentennial Hall. See the menu here for more information.
The attached volunteer schedule is for team supplied volunteers only. If you are not listed, you will be contacted by the Tournament Director.
The Independence High School site map is attached.
Some suggestions for navigating the campus:
- The Clock Tower at the center of Campus is a good landmark if you get lost.
- You can see all four of the Villas from the clock tower. Signs on the Villas say, “A Villa, B Villa, C Villa and D Villa.” American Hall is in A Villa, Bicentennial Hall is in B Villa, Constitution Hall is in C Villa, and Democracy Hall is in D Villa. Rooms A303/312 and A313 are near American Hall. IC Check-in is in Room C302, near Constitution Hall. Room D303/312 is near Democracy Hall.
- M Classrooms, including M35/36 are in the Shop area North of Bicentennial Hall, between Bicentennial and the Gyms.
- The Big Gym, Small Gym, and Dance Studio are at the far north of the campus. Walk north from the center of Campus past the Girls Locker Room to get to the Gyms. (It's a long walk.)
- Instant Challenge Check-In is at the far south of the Campus, at Room C203, near Constitution Hall.
There are bathrooms in separate buildings near every Villa. If you approach a bathroom from the center of campus, it will look like a building with no doors. The doors to the bathrooms face the outside of the campus. Walk around the bathroom building to find the entrance.
Hand Out Maps!
Find where you need to be on the map before you get to the campus, and mark your map. Give a copy of the marked map to everyone who is coming to see your team perform. Tell parents who may be traveling separately to get there early, as the campus is big and they may get lost.
This revision of the map (rev2) corrects the legend for IC check-in to Room C203 and corrects the Chorus Room legend.
California DI Affiliate Tournament Results
Destination ImagiNation congratulates all the students who participated in the Clovis, California tournament. We think you are all winners!
Teams emphasized as such are going on to the next level of competition.
A: assembly required
If you are having trouble understanding how your scores were scaled, please refer to Rules of the Road, pages 40-41.
A menu of food being sold for lunch at the State Tournament is attached.
Lunch will be available from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm.
California Creativity Association