This year, your team will have an opportunity to review the Team Challenge Overviews, Team Challenge Preview Videos and First Look document for the competitive Team Challenges before purchasing a 2017-18 Team Number.
Follow the steps below to get started with your Destination Imagination Experience.
- Watch each of the 2017-18 Challenge Preview Videos for a look at this season’s Team Challenges.
- Read the extended Team Challenge information in the 2017-18 Team Challenge First Look document to learn more about the specifics for each Team Challenge, including the themes, basic requirements and learning outcomes.
- Decide – Noncompetitive Rising Stars or Competitive Team Challenge. The 2017-18 Rising Stars Team Number gives your team the opportunity to solve the Rising Stars Team Challenge and participate noncompetitively in a California tournament. If your team plans to solve one of the competitive Team Challenges, you need to purchase a 2017-18 Challenge Program Team Number.
- Purchase your 2017-18 Team Number on ShopDI.org. Per team cost $190 (DIHQ Fee $105 + CalDI Fee $85). Make note of your team’s unique Team Number and Order Number. You will need these to gain digital access to the program materials and Team Challenges.
- Team Managers LOGIN to the Resource Area at idodi.org. If you do not have an account, click the “WELCOME” tab and select “Create New Account.”
- Go to the “TEAMS” tab and select “MY TEAMS.”
- Click the “ADD TEAM” button in the “ACTIONS” pane.
- Enter your Team Number and Order Number, or the Team Number and Purchasers Zip Code. Then click, “ADD TEAM MANAGER.” This associates the Team Number with your Team Manager Account.
- Click on the pencil icon next to your team’s listing to get to the “EDIT YOUR TEAM” page.
- Select your team’s CHALLENGE LEVEL and then select a TEAM CHALLENGE using the corresponding drop-down menus. Rising Stars Team Numbers only have access to the Non-competitive Team Challenge. Click “SAVE.”
- Click the “VIEW” button in the “VIEW DIGITAL CHALLENGE” pane. This allows you to preview the full Team Challenge you selected. If you want to view another Team Challenge, select it from the “CHALLENGE” drop-down menu and click “SAVE.” Then click the “VIEW” button in the “VIEW DIGITAL CHALLENGE” pane. You may change your team’s Team Challenge selection multiple times. Your team may do this as many times as necessary to make your final Team Challenge selection until your Regional Registration close date.
- Team decides on the Team Challenge they plan to present a solution to at a tournament.
- Request one printed copy of the Team Challenge (at no extra charge) by clicking the “SHIP” button in the “REQUEST PRINTED CHALLENGES” pane. If your team changes their Team Challenge selection after you have requested a printed copy, you will only have digital access to the newly selected Team Challenge.
- Use the “DOCUMENTS” tab to “VIEW” additional DI Program Materials — Roadmap, Rules of the Road, Interactive Tournament Data Forms, Practice Instant Challenge Set, etc.
The last Team Challenge selected in the Resource Area at www.idodi.org when your team’s Regional Tournament Registration closes will be the one reported to the Region for tournament preparation. Your Team Manager must be sure that the final Team Challenge selected is the one your team actually plans to solve for the purpose of competing in a tournament.
The information provided in the 2017-18 Team Challenge First Look document is a synopsis of each Team Challenge and is designed to help your team make a decision on which Team Challenge to solve. You MUST download the full Team Challenge and then Rules of the Road in the Resource Area for your team in order for them to solve the Team Challenge. The Roadmap is a great resource for you and your team as they work together to create their Team Challenge solution.