- Contact Us
- Global Links
Beyond Standardized Is Creativity
California Creativity has encouraged youth teamwork and creativity for over 25 years . Our program operates in seven regions in California to provide youth a venue to display their divergent thinking and teamwork as they creatively solve challenges. California Creativity Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation (EIN 33-0860160), and accepts tax-deductible contributions.
- Purchase team number(s) from Destination ImagiNation - At time of purchase you will receive an email which will contain your team number(s) and order number. You will need the team number(s) and order number for the next step.
- Get Basic Online Training - Before Regional Team Manager Training is available go to DIUNIVERSITY.ORG for basic training to get started.
- After September 4. 2012. register your team with California Creativity by going to register.caldi.org by the earlier of your region's date, or January 15, 2013. Use your DI Order number and Team Number to give your region the information needed to plan for the tournament.
- Contact your Regional Director. Training opportunities start early.
- Register for the tournament in your region. Registration for tournament will be available at register.caldi.org soon. Right now you can register you team which includes you volunteers and appraisers for the tournament.
*This year, all adults (Team Managers, Appraisers, Volunteers) register directly on the team page, not the event page.
To Start a Team, go to startateam.org for instructions.
Contact your Regional Director
It's good to contact your Regional Director early in the process. They can help set up an informational meeting at your school or organization, tell you about training opportunities, etc. Plus, it's good t
o let them know for planning purposes who is participating. To find information about your region, go to the map here, and click on your county to be directed to information about your region.
Each Region has it's own calendar and region page accessed by clicking on their name under «Region», above. Many regions also maintain a regional mailing list described on their region page.
Go to register.caldi.org create a login if you do not already have on and the register your team. You will need your team number 105-xxxxx and your order number that was supplied from Destination ImagiNation when your team number was purchased from them.
Regional tournament registration varies by region. Monitor My region for the region-specific registration instructions.
Regional Tournament Dates:
- Best of the Bay February 23, 2013
- Region One March 2,2013
- Silicon Valley March 2, 2013
- Central Coast February 23, 2013
- San Joaquin Valley February 23, 2013
- La-DI Land March 2, 2013
- Waves to Dunes February 23, 2012
State Tournament March 23, 2013, Cuyamaca College
Global Finals May 21 - 25 2013
IDODI.org and ShopDI.org have all you need to get started. When you Start a Team, you will receive the appropriate number of Team Numbers, the materials listed in the Program Guide, and e-mailed instructions on how to access the online system once DI has received payment.
California has an Affiliate fees that will be collected at ShopDI. Please be careful to select the California from the drop-down box when you Start a Team so that the prices are adjusted to reflect those mentioned below as they are added to your shopping cart. Regions in California vary in how they recoup operating expenses for training, special events, and the tournament. Contact your Regional Director if it is not clear in the Region's web pages.