April 1, 2017
McClellan Convention Center
5411 Luce Ave McClellan, CA 95652
Doors Open at 6:30 am
Closing Ceremony seating at 6:30 pm, Ceremony starts at 7:00 pm
Please stay at one of the hotels we have arranged for you. There are areas near the conference center are that are basically unsafe.
- Lion’s Gate Hotel and Conference Center, 3410 Westover, McClellan (Site of the Tournament)
For reservations go to http://tinyurl.com/z2one5y or call 877-539-7070 and use group code “IMAGINATION2017.”
- Crown Plaza Northeast, 5321 Date Ave., Sacramento
For reservations call (877) 504-0054 and identify yourself as being with Destination Imagination 2017 State Tournament
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Cal Expo, 2230 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento.
For reservations goto www.sacramentoauburnblvd.hamptoninn.com use Group Code: “DIS”
- Holiday Inn Express, Cal Expo, 2224, Auburn Blvd., Sacramento.
For reservations go to www.hiexpress.com/sacramentone and using GROUP CODE: “DIS”.
- Hilton Inn, Arden West, 2200 Harvard St., Sacramento, CA 95815
For reservations go to Hilton Event Reservations
- Double Tree – Sacramento, 2200 Harvard Street Sacramento, CA 95815
For reservations go to Double Tree Event Reservations
Bulletins and Guides
- State Tournament Program with Maps
- Travel Guide for teams with tips and information for teams and Team Managers
- Challenge-specific information
Handouts and Forms
- State Tournament Welcome Letter 2017 with Appraiser & Official Information, and hotel information.
- Tournament Data Forms: Same forms that you used for the Regional Tournament
- Media Release Forms – To be filled out by all participants — Turn in at onsite registration
- State Tournament Team Manager’s Check List
Maps and Directions
- Map and Directions to McClellan, CA (To be posted.)
- Map of Tournament (To be posted.)
- Map to Prop Unloading (To be posted.)
- Map of Challenge Venues (To be posted.)
- Team Traffic Flow Maps (To be posted.)
- State Tournament Performance Schedule State Tournament Performance Schedule
Please understand that it took our scheduler nearly 20 hours to complete this schedule in her efforts to accommodate the over 100 conflict requests out of nearly 250 teams. With this in mind, there can be no changes made to the schedule. Some teams must go early and some teams must go late, but in my experience, if your team has a strong challenge, it does not make a difference when they perform. I have seen teams with all different start times advance to Global Finals.
Officials Schedules— Volunteers are asked to report to DI-Centeral 15 minutes before assignment.When we made the schedule, we
This is the shift assigned you (your team). If there is a problem, work it out with your team manager. We cannot change the shift.PLEASE NO SHARING OF THE VOLUNTEER SHIFT. ONE PERSON PER SHIFT.This is the shift assigned you (your team). If there is a problem, work it out with your team manager. We cannot change the shift.PLEASE NO SHARING OF THE VOLUNTEER SHIFT. ONE PERSON PER SHIFT.
- Made sure the volunteer did not work during the presentation time of the team they represent.
- We made accommodations if we were notified of a schedule conflict.
- All shifts are between 2 hours and 2 hours and 20 minutes.